Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving

November 23

Yesterday we had a really good time at our Thanksgiving Dinner with the entire school. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves! It was fun to meet everyone’s families and get to share an important holiday for us. Bo did a great job with his presentation of info on the holiday. Everyone told me they could understand his Spanish and that he did very well. Some people were even interested in reading more about it. It was a little hard not to be with extended family for Thanksgiving. I think it is the first time that I haven’t at least spoken to our family. I missed them! It was Lily’s first Thanksgiving.

This is the first day I am feeling a little sad. We had to deal with a little “situation” with the school. The boys’ teacher was fired today. She was a new teacher and the director just wasn’t pleased with her performance and how she was fitting in to the program. He said they were bored and he can’t let that happen. They asked her to change some things and she didn’t so, they told her that today was her last day. It is hard for me because of the relationship. I like her. Also, because the classes will change for the kids now and that will just mean more adjusting for them. I pray that the new teacher is amazing and the transition will be a good one. I trust Hector’s judgment and it is his school, but I just hate those kinds of situations. L Please pray for the kids next week as they adjust to a new teacher and changes in their classes. We do have 2 new kids coming, so that could be fun too!

We received a package from my mom yesterday! It was so fun!! Thanks Mom!!

She arrives in only 1 week and we are counting the days!

This week we made a new friend. Cameron is a friend of Hector & Daniel from California. He came to the school to help out and volunteer where ever needed for a few days. He has been traveling Latin America the past few months learning Spanish. He and Bo got along well and we all enjoyed the time we spent getting to know him. He was a homeschooled kid from a family with 4 children. He is newly graduated from college and in a different stage in life, but I think he enjoyed being with our family and we enjoyed being with him. It is amazing how often the Spirit can make people friends instantly.

Nov 27
Things worked out fine with the boys teacher. She was actually relieved to be able to spend more time with her family. Thank you , Lord!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date. I wondered how the Thanksgiving went. Nothing like the holidays to make you miss family. I guess now, I'm realizing that you guys are family. We just really miss you all.
Congrats Bo on your presentation in Spanish. That's pretty impressive.

We love you guys.

Becky said...

We can relate to missing home - and we are not nearly so far. Seems the closer we get to Christmas the more difficult it is. I hate the feeling I have in my chest/stomach when I am homesick. I don't know if you have that same feeling, but I will pray, like I do for myself, that God will fill the void! He is amazing to do those things in such unfathomable ways!! In some ways I am excited to see what that looks like - I just don't like the feeling in the meantime! It's good to hear how things are going!

Unknown said...

Miss you guys.....really glad you have the blog going on!!!!!

Unknown said...

Miss you guys........love the blog!!!!