Thursday, November 15, 2007

More From Costa Rica


November 9

Whew! It has been raining for 3 days almost continually! I can tell that we are being covered in prayer because normally this kind of weather would make me very sad. I feel fine. Believe me, I will be happy when the sun shines again because dealing with the rain is a pain. I should have brought rain boots, coats and umbrellas with us! We can purchase them here though. Supposedly, it doesn’t rain at all in Jan/Feb. It will probably be very hot! *smile*

Lily found her thumb! I will continue to try to get her to take a pacifier, but it sure is cute when they are this age!

PTL! George slept through the night and Lily slept during school! Thank you all so much for your prayers for us!! We moved George into the girls room. Maybe he feels more secure with them. If he were to wake up, he knows the girls will “mother” him. Thankfully, we all slept all night! (well, not Lily, but that’s ok) I think we actually stayed in bed until the LATE hour of 6:30am! *smile*

OH, Yesterday was a great fun day of grocery shopping! I rode the bus about 40 minutes into Turrialba (with Lily). I was concerned about how that could be with the rain and a baby AND shopping but Lily slept peacefully in the pouch and everything went smoothly. I met my professora at the bus stop and we walked around the town to a supermarket for grocery shopping. My homework the night before had been to make a shopping list (in Spanish) and be ready to shop. It was so much easier to remember the names of things while actually looking for something familiar and remembering what I need! I enjoy Diana’s company and she speaks enough English to help me when I cannot come up with a Spanish word (which is often). We walked to a few more stores trying to find a few more items including a mosquito net for Lily’s crib. Everything I needed cost around $100,000 colones! It felt crazy spending so much money at the grocery store! Afterward, I took a quick taxi ride home.

November 10

John David fell and hit his head. It was a little cut that may have needed a stitch. We walked up and down looking for the dr that is here from PA. Bo went into another town to get some hydrogen peroxide. I shaved is head cleaned it out very well and put a butterfly bandaid on it. The dr looked at it and said it was fine. The main concern would be infection, so to be sure to clean it each day. We are thankful it was not worse!

November 12

George fell and busted his chin on our cement floor! Thank you Jesus that it did not bust open!!! It may have been a trip to the emergency room. He has a big goose egg on his chin and it is very blue! L

November 15

Things are going well. The sun has begun to shine again. The babies are doing well. John David is having a little bit of a hard time adjusting to being in school each day. I know he will be fine, but today he is a little tired, I guess. We are planning a visit from Mom and we are all excited preparing for that! She is going to come Nov 29th! (Happy Birthday Forest Cook) We can hardly wait!

We are all learning a lot of Spanish and Hector (the director) is searching for a phone for us! Thank you for your continued prayers!!

Hugs!!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Glad you got some sun!!! When Sarah started sucking her thumb, my wonderful friend, Dusty Weichbrodt told me to let her suck it. I was trying to replace it with the pacifier also!! I ended up listening to Dusty. She was and still is my best sleeper! However, she still sucks her thumb, and I don't know how to break her. There are pros and cons!!! Good luck with that!