Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy Day Lily!


Lily is 5 Months Old!

Number 6! Most of the time it seems like yesterday that Bo and I were married and only dreamt of having a large family. Sometimes, I look around and think “who are all these people and why are they calling me Mommy?” LOL! I am too young to have 6 children, right? No really, I absolutely love being a wife and Mommy! I don’t think I could be more blessed! I am so thankful for each of them and enjoy (most) every moment. I am awed that the Lord would entrust these precious little lives to me and Bo. Lily is such a joy to all of us! I think she certainly has the privilege of spending a lot of time with her siblings and parents. Especially more time with Bo! We call her our “little Latin baby” because she is totally spoiled with attention here! She is rarely put down! Often she can be found napping in someone’s arms. Cruz would be so happy!! Occasionally, Bo or I have put her in her crib and allowed her to cry for a few minutes. If the neighbor hears her, she will come over and ask if she can hold Lily. It is pretty funny! Lily doesn’t mind, and neither do we. It is something different and fun to experience a community that helps all the moms with the babies. Often, I see women walking the neighborhood with other people’s babies. It is a welcome help! Lily has started to roll over (both ways). She smiles most all of the time! She is starting to sleep better at night. Last night she slept from 8pm-6am with only 1 visit from Mommy. :-) She normally takes 2 naps each day for about 2 hours. She recognizes each of us and always has a big smile for us! She is starting to push up on her arms when she is on her tummy. I wonder when she will crawl since she is so rarely put down and the ground is only cement and seems dirty to me. ?? This past 2 weeks we have introduced rice cereal and she seems to really enjoy it. I tried the cereal with soy formula a couple of times and she broke out in red splotches, so I haven’t tried that again. I wonder if she has a soy allergy. She is our first bald baby! Well, she has a little bit of red hair, but compared to the others, she is without hair! She is so adorable! I love all of the precious time I am able to spend with her. I KNOW how quickly this time will pass!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

she is really cute...i didn't notice her hair (or lack thereof for being a Summer offspring) until you mentioned it...but you are right! :) So funny. I was a TOTALLY bald baby...and so everyone laughed at how MUCH my kids had...and that is about as much as Lily :)

Christy said...

What a pretty baby! We miss her. Along with all of you. It was so great to hear your voices today. I could have stayed on the phone for hours. I'd have to get a day job if I called as much as I wanted. (:

Don't worry about Lily being held so much. We have a different attitude around here and Forest has been held almost 24/7 too. I'm sure they will be amazing adults and completely stable despite all the spoiling. (:

Love to you all,

Becky said...

They will be!!! (In response to Christy)

Babies need that time! And it does pass so fast, as well all know with almost teens!!! They will only curl up in our arms for a few months in comparison to the rest of their lives! I can hardly believe James will be a teenager in one month and three days. Seems like yesterday he was sleeping on my chest!

Lily is beautiful and hair or no hair, she looks like a Summers!!!

Gerri/Mom/Grammy said...

Precious picture of Lily!! She looks like a baby picture of Chandler!! Remember that huge open mouthed smile!? Sunny doesn't have that much hair yet.... well, maybe she does.. (Just in case Stacy reads this) :-) I WANT TO HOLD LILY!!! Sometimes it feels like the time is CRAWLING BY!!! Give huge hugs and lots of kisses to everyone for me! Love you much! Mom :-)

Dalene said...

Thanks for keeping us updated with lots of details. I love reading every last one. She is BEAUTIFUL.

Laura said...

Today is Hopey's 4th birthday and how I think she was Lily's age just yesterday with her sweet flaming "orange" hair as she calls it! Oh how I enjoyed cuddling her and I love those sweet baby smiles! I agree with your momma that the time is creeping by at times. I am anxious for your return as we miss all of you dearly. Do you have any big plans for your birthday? Love to you all! Laura

Unknown said...

Hi C! It is great to hear from you! Email me at kipplyn@hotmail.com i can't find your email! love you!-Kipplyn