Monday, January 21, 2008

¡Buena Salud! (Good Health)

Finally, I am feeling better! I have one more day of antibiotic and hope that this is the end of my time being sick in Costa Rica. Thank you for your prayers and concern! Now I am back to eating a ton of delicious food and I am sure I am on my way to gaining 20 pounds!

RandiKate, Kipplyn & Chandler at school

Saturday, I had the privilege to participate in prayer for my friend Rachel and her baby Ava Milagro. My dear friends took the time to call me and allow me to listen in while they all gathered around her to pray for her family. I am increasingly thankful for the amazing women that I have the privilege to call friends. The doctors have given grave news to Rachel that her baby is very ill and without a miracle she will not live long after her birth. My friend is around 37 weeks pregnant and waiting for the day she can meet her daughter. She is cherishing this time that she has with Ava now. I have been increasingly preoccupied with thoughts of my friend. I am amazed at how God sustains us when we need Him so much. To witness it (again) in my life has such an impact on me. I could picture my friends all gathered around praying for Rachel and her family as they walk this most difficult road and pleading for a miracle for our friend. I felt so impressed to pray for peace and rest for Rachel. I can imagine how impossible it must be to turn off your mind and sleep. And as she grows larger in her pregnancy how uncomfortable she has to be. In the quiet moments of the night when I stumble into Lily’s room to curb her hunger, I pray for Ava to be healed and for Rachel to be sustained. I thank God for this precious healthy little child for whom I have the privilege to have my sleep disturbed. I am able to save each moment with her and be thankful. I remember an old friend saying she would try to freeze these “heavenly moments” in her mind with her children. These are those special moments with our children we get glimpse of Heaven.

Lily in her new swing that Daddy went all the way to San Jose to buy!!

5 comments:

Kayla said...

Lily is so big and adorable!!

Christy said...

We so missed you but it was so great to have you on the phone. I loved hearing you that night. I know your heart was here with us. (:

Lily looks precious of course. Give her lots of kisses for us. Now, get off the computer and go eat some food! (:

Good night.

Laura said...

Okay she is way to cute! I can't wait to get my hands on her!!! I am glad you are feeling better. Enjoy the Holley's this weekend. They are bringing all our love and hugs for your family. We miss you! Blessings, Laura

Dalene said...

It's great to see you smiling and feeling healthy with your girls!!!

Gerri/Mom/Grammy said...

You made me cry.... again!! I am increasingly proud and thankful of the godly woman that you are and are still becoming...
Oh my goodness I HAVE to HUG Lily!!!!

Have soo much fun with the Holleys!
I love you immensely! Momma :-)