Friday, January 18, 2008

Earthquake

OK, it was actually just a 7-10 second tremor. This was a first for everyone in the family except me. I was watching the television and the whole console began to rock. I started to run towards it and I felt really strange as the whole room was moving. I remember a couple of times when I went to school at Biola University in the Los Angeles area that we had similar ccurrences. When it stopped, I said, "I think we just had an earthquake. " Kipplyn had been nervous because she was holding Lily and thought the movement was a reaction to the medicine that she was taking. She thought she was about to pass out and needed to lay Lily on the floor. We all walked outside and watched as others began to do the same. I am not sure how strong it was. Some of the people in the street did not realize it happened, but everyone that was in their house definitely felt it.

That definitely added some excitement to our Friday night. Charlie went with another family to the next town to watch a soccer game. The rest of us are going to stay home and watch CARS in Spanish.

4 comments:

Christy said...

How exciting. My first and ONLY earthquake experience was in Costa Rica. Kind of fun as long as it's little. Not fun if it is big.

I'm glad Kip wasn't passing out.

We are having a quiet evening here at the Cook house. The kids are gone ice skating and Forest is sleeping. I guess that means I should be too.(:
Good night all...

Dalene said...

It sounds like the fun never stops around there! You're right, your family is getting a FULL Costa Rica experience with one adventure after the other.

Shankle Life said...

Earthquakes, and Volcanoes, and stomach parasite bacteria, Lions, and, Tigers, and Bears OH MY! Adventures in Costa Rica. Can you guys come visit us? Don't you need to get out of the country for a few days? Jump on a flight to XNA and help us move!! :)

Gerri/Mom/Grammy said...

EARTHQUAKE??!!??? Isn't it time to come HOME!!???!!?? I second Stacy's comment!!! My arms and heart are aching and I need 8 more people to hug and kiss!!