Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Planning

One of my favorite things to do is plan my schedule for my upcoming school year. I have always been really good at "procrastination by organization"! When I was in college I had really great notes and notebooks that were organized in some new fangled way each semester. I couldn't figure out why all the information didn't just jump right into my head and then back onto to my test paper. I have brought a little of that into adult life with me. I LOVE to get ready for the school year. I love school supplies and school books! I always have very high expectations (of myself) and purchase more curriculum than any one I know could possibly complete! Most of the time the curriculum I buy is pretty well planned for me, but I always have a few things to add. I use very sharp pencils and spend about a week sometime in the summer making wonderfully organized plans for all of my precious blessings. This year, I have found a new planner that I am excited to try! I will give me a place to organize all of our schedules (including outside activities, drs apts, etc) in one place! It is from The Old Schoolhouse Magazine that is one of my favorite homeschooling resources! They are having a contest to win one of these new planners. My prayer this year is that I will be wise when purchasing and planning for our school year, and that I will point my children toward Christ and learning what He has planned for their lives.

3 comments:

Marci said...

I am SOOOO like that too. The planning is definitely the best part! I am actually doing that right now. Getting our daily schedules together- - -so much fun!!

PrairieFrogs said...

You WON! I"m not seeing a link to email you here on your blog. (Might just be missing it). Because it is an eproduct, I'll need an email address. Could you either comment here where I announced http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/HSBCompanyBlog/559330/ or email me?

My email address is prairiefrogs at gmail dot com.
Thanks!

Ms. Anita said...

Congratulations on winning! Let us know what you think of it.

My homeschool blog is here. Yes, I know it's under "Suzanne." It's a long story.