Friday, July 18, 2008

Blogger-schmogger.......

What do we call this? "Blog-ship"? "Cyber-friends"? or just plain "Stupid"? I have recently been thinking about all of this blogging (when did that word become a verb?) that has been happening in my life and in the life of my friends. I really enjoy reading blogs and hearing all of the details of life. I like the "wisdom exchanges" that happen and all of the funny stories along the way. It is easy to write out events one time for all of the world to see if they want. Honestly, it is a sorry excuse for a friendship. Sometime last week I swore off blogging forever. My level-headed husband encouraged me that it is not all bad and that it is actually a great way for long distance friends and family to keep up with our lives and a good way to write out thoughts or ideas. Dalene eluded to this in her last post. All of our ears still work and we are still able to speak, so why not pick up the phone? Is blogging so much less threatening? or just easy? This outlet should not replace sharing our daily lives "for real and in person." I am sorry that it has at all. I hope to actually see all of you very soon!!!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

:)

Christy said...

I would have liked to keep up with you while you were on your trip to Fayetteville through blogging. I kept looking to see if you posted. But, now that you're home, I guess we can chat some more on the phone.

(:

Robbins' Nest said...

I hope you don't stop blogging Kipplyn! I love to read your posts and get updates on your family! Becca

Marci said...

Don't REPLACE friendships, only enhance!! I still like getting together and actually having conversations, but I have gotten to know some people better through blogger that I may have never had the time to have gotten to otherwise. With everyone's schedules so different, this is a convenient to have "them" available whenever I have the time to get to know them better.

khowze said...

I agree that it takes the personal aspect out of communication, but at the same time it has allowed me to get to know some people better that I wouldn't have otherwise and I really enjoy that!

Kipplyn said...

I think I will follow this with 4 posts of my own. :-)

Laura J. said...

Those were beautiful pictures of your family over the summer. One thing about blogging that I like is that we get to share pictures...especially our vacations and such when our friends arn't with us. Thanks for sharing Kipplyn! :)

Dalene said...

Oh my goodness. Look at the response! I'm all about blogging, but like you, I would hope that blogging precipitates a face to face interaction, and doesn't REPLACE "front porch" friendship.

Your cyber friend, Dalene.

(because you live outside of my 2 mile bubble, therefore I will never drive to your house)