Saturday, April 26, 2008

WebKinz, & The Love of God

Yesterday was "Spend $10 at Hallmark and receive a FREE WEBKINZ." My children have some Christmas or Birthday money they have been saving and wanted to take advantage of this deal. Well, everyone except RandiKate. She had already spent all of her money. So, yesterday I took all 6 of my children into the Hallmark store in the mall. Each one had $15 to make a purchase. RandiKate was a little sad, but seemed to be having fun with everyone else deciding which animal to choose. When Chandler went up to the register to pay for her Webkinz, she let RandiKate pick the free one and decided to give it to her. This was such a sweet act of kindness for her sister, my heart was beaming with pride. A few minutes later a lady came up to the counter and because she was making a purchase of $10 or more she was able to choose one of the free Webkinz also. She asked Chandler which one she liked the best. Chandler told her and the lady GAVE the Webkinz to Chandler!!! We couldn't believe it! I almost fell over. Not often do we so quickly get rewarded for acts of kindness, but today Chandler did. I thought it was such a sweet thing from the Lord to show a little bit of Himself to my 12 year old.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

That is so neat! I love stories like that...way to go Chandler, way to go God!

Dalene said...

That is a GREAT story! I can just picture the scene...

Barb said...

That was so sweet, Chandler! You are growing up to be such a dear young lady. We are very proud of you and can't wait to see you all!!!
Love,
Grandma and PapPap

Marci said...

That is cool that Chandler got to witness a quick return for her selflessness. Good job Chandler- - -and the sweet lady at Hallmark!

Becky said...

Very cool story!

Courtney said...

if you are serious, I would LOVE to! please let me know when is a good time for you! thanks for the encouragement

Kayla said...

WOW!! That was really nice of Chandler and the Hallmark lady!!

Laura said...

What a great story!