Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Goodbye To Ava

Yesterday Bo and I went to the memorial service to honor the short life of Ava Milagro. I returned home only a few hours too late for the honor of meeting this special baby. That is pretty disappointing. The thought of what my friends went through the last few months is overwhelming, and seems to push any other problem into the category of trivial. I am so proud of them; first, for choosing LIFE for their child. There is a story to be told of the amazing blessing that Ava has been to her family and to those surrounding them. Is it safe to say that most babies with this condition do not get the chance to be blessings? Because her parents chose life, God was able to use this small weak child to bless an entire community. I am so blessed to call these people my friends. Everyone really stepped up to the plate to serve this family during a difficult time. Everyone involved had the eyes of Christ and loved this precious baby. I stand in awe of the grace of God when we need it and I am humbled to be called friend by such amazing people who allow God to use them and to love through them. I am grateful.

No comments: