Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Me with the Saturday Coke Truck! :-)


Thank you all for your prayers for George and all of us. Turns out he had an intestinal bacteria and with medication is doing better now. He has is color and his smile back! Thank you Lord!

Bo and the girls are back from Panama. They had a great time and have much to share along with pictures. We will work on that for tomorrow.

Sunday was Bo and my 13th anniversary! WOW! Things have changed a lot since our wedding day! :-)

It was such a rough week, but I am so thankful to be here, having this experience. Things I love about being here...

THE SUN!!! It is beautiful! about 80 degrees each day, but cool at night for sleeping! The land is beautiful! There are mountains, waterfalls, rivers, trees and flowers surrounding us everyday! I can hear the rushing river from my class room where I study Spanish!

I love the time here with my family. Playing cards, games, learning about a different culture, teaching the kids to wash dishes by hand. Having time to take with them...

I enjoy learning Spanish. I find the language interesting how it relates to English and how they both derive from Latin. Learning the sentence structure and vocabulary. It is very hard for me, but I find it interesting!

I am thankful for people here that care for us and enjoy getting to know us too.

Actually, I am thankful for some of the difficulties that help me appreciate home even more!

Love to you all! We will post about gym tomorrow!

3 comments:

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

Speaking of your anniversary... On Sunday, Hayley and I were reminiscing about how she had to sacrifice not one, but TWO birthdays for Shankle weddings out of town! haha
We celebrated her 19th birthday Sunday, too! Can you believe it?!

Love you!
Leslie

Christy said...

So glad to hear George is better. We were praying. We can't wait to hear about the Panama trip. Congratulations on the anniversary. We were without computer access for a few days because the cat chewed through my computer cord. I think he was feeling neglected and jealous. (: So, I was glad to get on and find out you are all doing better and back together. We miss you so much and can't wait to see you again.
Love you all!
Christy and family.