Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Lily is 4 Months Old


Nov 30th

WOW! It is hard for me to miss the birth of baby Forest Cook. Christy is such a dear friend and I hate to miss the celebration of life after so much difficulty! PTL for victory over death. Thank you Lord for new life and a healthy baby boy! Congratulations Cooks! We all love you all!!

Grammy is here! It is Christmas! Daddy sent me a big box of chocolates! They are perfect and so yummy! I am trying to hide them from the ants! (the kids too)! The kids were so excited with all of the goodies from Grammy and Pops! We haven’t had real candy in a month! We have Recees! Yummy! It feels so good to have Mom here and get a chance to show her around. She is staying at a Bed and Breakfast with a different child each night, but she says she could have stayed here.

GYMNASTICS HAS FOUND US!!!!! OK, we found a gymnastics team here. Bo took Chandler to check it out. The other girls were so excited and amazed at Chandler’s abilities! They have very “rough” equipment to practice except for once each week they travel by bus to San Jose for a real gym. They have asked Chandler and RandiKate to participate on their team! Chandler smiled from ear to ear for 4 straight hours. There is a possibility that both girls could travel with the team to Panama for a meet with 150 other girls and a number of other Central and South American countries. It would mean 15 hours on a bus for the girls and Bo, but what an AMAZING life experience for them! They will also get to visit the Panama Canal and other places in the area! OH AND GUESS WHAT????? The gymnastics routines are the EXACT SAME as home! Can you believe that???? Chandler is not sure what level she will compete. The girls here compete at level 2 or 3, so she is deciding whether or not to do 4 or 5, but if she wants to compete with the other girls it would be 3. I don’t think it really matters, it is just for the experience! Tonight the girls performed in an exhibition with the team and they drew quite a crowd! Chandler and RandiKate definitely had their “Rock Star” moment!!! It was so much fun for all of us!

We had another special treat tonight. Bo found an ice cream shop. Guess the name? POPS!!! J All of the kids were excited to go to POPS’S! We miss you Pops!



Lily is 4 months old this week! Amazing how time flies!

2 comments:

Christy said...

I can't believe Lily is so BIG! I miss you all. I really wish you could be here to kiss and hug all over Forest but I know he will love you as soon as he meets you.

Christy

Gerri/Mom/Grammy said...

Lily is soooo precious!! What an adorable picture of her!! This is what I am forcing myself to think of INSTEAD of the picture of everyone sick and with NO HOT WATER! Because if I didn't I'd be crying and BEGGING you to COME HOME!! Because I KNOW that God loves you MORE than I do, HE WILL do something beautiful in and through or at least after all of this!! I love you! Mom