Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

The Good.... God is good. I see His hand many places. He has sent me many helpers during this time!

The Bad...(WARNING! This is not for the faint at heart) Well, you want the truth? ...... It has been a terrible 6 days. It would have been bad at home, but here, WOW! I can't even put it into words. Remember there is no hot water?? Want to clean a house, dishes, and clothes after vomit with cold water? We did boil some, but it is difficult. There was vomit everywhere! At one point someone was outside, someone in the bathroom and 2 in trashcans! And George vomitting anywhere!! When I heard the noise from Lily in the night it was it was just about more than I could handle. Yesterday everyone seemed to feel much better and we all went to school with stomachs that were still a little sensitive. We had to get Bo and the girls ready for their trip to Panama. They left last night at 7pm for a 15 hour drive in a bus! (you can add them to the prayer list) Later, George began to vomit AGAIN! He was up in the night and I became more concerned about him. I think he has already lost 5 pounds! THEN... the dryer stopped working! In one day,George had no dry clothes because he had vomitted so much and they just weren't drying quickly enough on the line! I called Hector early this morning and he wanted to take us to the Dr in Turrialba. So, Hector, Seidy, Lily, George, and myself went to the hospital emergency room.

The Ugly... Healthcare at hospitals is free here. You can imagine the amount of people there. The building reminded me of an old school. Nothing like what we could call a hospital. Seidy helped me with the kids and with the Spanish. Miraculously, we were seen quickly (thank you Jesus) A young dr examined George and told me to take him to another room. The nurse gave him something to drink and said he wanted to see his vomit!!!!!! There were other sick people in there with us having their blood drawn, vomitting, crying. It was terrible. George drank the liquid easily, we waited 30 minutes, and of course, NO VOMIT! The dr said he had a virus and gave us Pedialyte, suppositories, and sent us on our way! AIY... Hector, is very helpful and wants me to be OK. I told him we will wait another day and see how George is and go to another DR (not the hospital). So, today, George has been very hungry and no vomit or diarrhea. Hopefully, that will continue through the night.

I have spent quite a bit of time talking to God. I have my spirit back and feel much better. We are OK! Thank you all for your prayers! I can certainly feel them! I miss you!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

yuck! I am so sorry. I hope that George continues to feel better. Where were John David & Charlie during all of this? Anyway, I am glad you sound better and feeling better yourself. Take care.

Marci said...

Wow, Kipplyn- - -I am sooooo sorry you guys have had to go through that. I am glad to hear George is doing better though and thankful for Hector caring so much for your family. We miss you guys here!! How long will Bo and the girls be gone?

We love you guys!

Laura said...

Sweet friend I am so sorry. We continue to pray for everyone to feel better, especially George. It is hard not to worry over the little ones when they are so sick. I can only imagine that in a foreign place!!! We are certainly spoiled here with hot water and great medical care. It has been a difficult week here with so many without power and so cold and icy. We are expecting a snowstorm this weekend as well. :( I wish I could help you all during this time...I am sending my prayers your way often. I am glad you have Hector and people to help you out while Bo is gone. Please take care of yourself as well. Love you friend,
In Christ, Laura

Becky said...

I'm so sorry Kipplyn!