Thursday, August 28, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday George!

Sunday we celebrated George's 3rd birthday. We were still recovering from sickness, so we didn't have a birthday dinner or anything. Cruz and her family brought a cake and gifts for George to open. Last week we celebrated at my parents house for six August birthdays in the family. It was a fun time! It is hard to believe that it has been 3 years since we welcomed our George into the family. What a precious baby. He is definitely our child with the most energy! He keeps me on my toes and keeps us laughing (or crying) all of the time! Almost daily, I have something funny to share about what George says.
This week it is this:
Mommy: "George, pick up the blocks"
George: "OK, Mommy"
10 min later
Mommy: "George, pick up the blocks"
George: "OK, Mommy"
10 min later
Mommy: "George, if you don't sit down and pick up the blocks, I am going to have to spank you"
George: "OK, MOM.... (singing) clean up, clean up, clean up, everybody do their share.... Mommy?
Mommy:"Yes George?"
George: "Barney doesn't spank" :-)

Here are some pics of The August Birthday Party! George's birthday and Lily's first cake...





6 comments:

Dalene said...

Hilarious Barney comment!!! George is right, Barney doesn't spank!

Lehmkuhl Family said...

That is what I would expect to hear from my son! I love it :)

Becky said...

How can you respond to that comment about Barney? I noticed you didn't put what you said next. Was there even anything to say??? They are so clever at such young ages!!!

Kipplyn said...

Sorry Becky, I said "You're right, but I'm not Barney!" :-)

Aubrey said...

So cute George...he is so smart! Love the pics of Lily's first cake!

Laura J. said...

I just love George. He is fun to watch and to listen to....so full of life! Happy Birthday George!