Saturday, March 1, 2008

Baby Ava Milagro

February 27 I got news that my friend Rachel had her sweet baby that had been diagnosed not to make it through the birth. We have all been praying for a miracle for baby Ava. The miracle for all of us is that she is still alive and was able to go home with her family. The likely diagnosis is trisomy 13. This causes a whole gamete of problems that I won't go into right now. It is not really my story. We continue to pray for their family during this time. I hurt for all of my friends who are there and aching for our sweet friend who will only be allowed a short time with her child. The day she was born Chandler asked me if there was a chance still for Ava to live. I said sure. God can do anything! After about 1/2 of the day had passed I realized that Chandler was not eating and I asked her about it. She said she wanted to fast and pray for baby Ava to live. What a precious thing for my 11 year old to have the desire to do and a sweet expression of love for this family. It is hard to go through painful times, but even more, it is heart-wrenching to see your children hurt too. Baby Ava's big sister is a dear friend of Chandler and just as I hurt for my friend. Chandler hurts for hers. My baby girl is getting big.

5 comments:

Trisomy 13 Life with Natalia ~ Transformed by Love said...

Your friend will be in our prayers...Please share this support site for families with trisomy 13 with your friend.

Blessings,
ThereseAnn, mom to Natalia full t13, 7 yrs.
http://www.livingwithtrisomy13.org

* You have a beautiful family.. I'm one of six too... its great fun.

Christy said...

Bless you Chandler. Your heart is beautiful. (:

Mrs. Cook

Christy said...

BTW... I haven't heard for sure if the trisomy 13 was the diagnosis have you? Her amnio came back perfect...

Marci said...

That is so neat for Chandler to think to do.

camryn said...

I will pray