Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year


I have finally come out from under my piles of paper to say Happy New Year. I was recently possessed by Martha Stewart, Aunt Annie & The Fly-lady all in one weekend. I spent the entire weekend organizing our piles of paper all over the place. I actually baked home made biscuits and pizza! I have to do something with all that flour. It won't make it until next December will it? Maybe tomorrow we will make play-dough. Tonight when Chandler returned home from gymnastics, I gave her brownies to celebrate back to school. She said "Mom, did you bake again?" Nope, Aunt Annie left me and these were from a box, but it is the thought that counts right? We had a successful day returning to our schedule and I am exhausted! It feels better to enter a new year with all my ducks in a row.

3 comments:

Laura J. said...

I know what you mean by having all of your ducks in a row. I accomplish so much more when I am organized! Way to go Suzy Homemaker!!! I thought flour could last pretty long in the fridge but I could be wrong...not the baker myself. :)

Glad to get back into our routine so we can see our friends more!

Shankle Life said...

Who are you and what have you done with my sister-in-law? And what....what did luara j. say about flour in the fridge? I thought you just stuck it in the pantry? Why am I such a domestic failure....? Oh well, we'll just go out to McDonalds : ) Seriously, when will you come over and put my ducks in a row? I'd even settle to have my ducks put in a semi-circle....actually I'd just be happy if someone could even find all my ducks!
love your jealous sister-in-law

Dalene said...

You silly billy bear. Better get that flour all used up before it spoils!!! If you don't use it in at least two weeks, it will stink up your entire kitchen.

My question is: What are ducks?

If I had a duck, would it be quiet enough to let me finish reading Crime and Punishment? 'Cuz that book reads like soft butter melting over a warm buscuit. (Like one of your biscuits.)