Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Chandler

















































March 21, 2009

Could it be? Our first born child, the one who helped fulfill my dream of becoming Mom, has turned 13 years old! I love to look back at our children's baby books during their birthday month. With Chandler, I am reminded of how God provided for us. I believe her birth story is full of miracles and God's love and provision for us. She was born to a very sick Mommy at 35 weeks, but thankfully, the end of the story is a good one. (and not quite the end) Sometimes it seems like yesterday she was just a little two-year old talking like she was 10! She is developing into such a nice young lady. She is a joy to my life. We spend a lot of time together. It is one of the perks of homeschooling. I stop often and try to "freeze" these moments. I wish I wouldn't forget any of it. I know it will be soon when she is all grown up. I am thankful for all of the time we have. Chandler is very good at doing what is expected of her. She likes to have a list and she will complete it. She still loves competing in gymnastics and works very hard! I have been most proud of her willingness and determination to learn Spanish. In the fall of 2007 when we took her away from this comfort zone, I was a little worried about how she may adjust. After a short time of being homesick, she jumped right in and conquered the language! Her ability has truly floored me! I am thankful that I have her to translate for me if needed!

We had her first ever birthday party sleep over to celebrate. We are so blessed with amazing friends that we can share life with. She is very social and loves to be with her friends and extended family! When we visit my parents house, I often find her just "hanging out" with her Pops. She likes "all things purple" and would rather do the laundry than the dishes! :-) She loves to play games with Grandma Barb and is a big help with the younger cousins, even though she would prefer to sit and talk with the adults.


Grammy and Pops, Uncle Ben & Aunt Stacy and their family came to help us celebrate at Grandmadele's house too!
For her 13th birthday I asked some friends and family to contribute to a blessing and prayer book. She asked me not to make a big presentation for her, so we just gave the book to her as a gift. I know that she will treasure it for years to come.

We have high hope and expectation for her to continue to be responsible and respectful as she seeks to serve Christ throughout her teen years. She has asked me lately, "What is the big deal about being a teenager? Why do people always act like when I get to be a teen, I will suddenly be hard to deal with? What is the big difference between 12 and 13?" Interesting thoughts Chandler! :-)

We love you and are so proud of who you are becoming!


Picture description: Winning 1st place in gymnastics age 9
Visiting David Gosset with Daddy age 7
Chandler age 6 with her siblings
Aunt Stacy, Grammy, & Chandler 2009
Chandler's blessing book

No comments: